Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Kirsten 12/365



So, today was my birthday. I had one request, a "Crappy Cake". It is a family tradition that originated with my mom's birthday about seven years ago. Mathew and I wanted to make a special cake for her and came across Julia Child making a "Stacked Crepe Cake". We decided that was what we had to do, but did not want to tell my mom what it was. In preparing for her big day, the cake was termed the "Crappy Cake". It was fabulous. It is light, lemony, and yummy! Anyway, that is what is in the back of the picture. The chocolate cake is the one my son made especially for me, because he does not like to eat that other one. I had a great birthday, and it was more than I ever asked for! Two cakes for my little party of eight people. I love my family.

1 comment: